Out with the old, loud and mechanical – in with the new, electrical and modern
The maintenance and repair of an older drilling rig eventually depends on the availability of spare parts. The steelwork structure can be repaired relatively easily. However, the drive train is difficult to refurbish owing to its specific assemblies that differ significantly from normal vehicle parts.
We offer you a new route to take with our electrical assemblies. The old rig can be transformed into an electrical drilling rig with all options utilizing modern drive technology and control.
Electric drawworks and an electric Top Drive are available. They are equipped with the same supply components and are integrated in a joint control.
Winch and Top Drive are from one casting, coordinated to one another and with uniform operating and maintenance concept.
- Remove all parts of the old drive (drawworks with chain drive, angular gears, eddy brake, drive shafts, Allison gears, diesel motor). If necessary, parts are retained for the traction drive.
- Weld supports for the electric drawworks in the frame
- Construct drawworks and control system on the frame
- Connect power supply, activate control
- Finished and ready for operation
We supply all components fully functional and tested. We support you on site during installation in your rig. Our specialists will accompany you for technical coordination and during commissioning.
The use of electrical standard components reduces the scope and complexity of maintenance work. The qualification requirements for the service personnel are also reduced.
- Simple maintenance work on standard components
- No maintenance work for mechanical assemblies, no wear to mechanical components
Using the electric drawworks eliminates the need for a series of assemblies associated with conventional solutions, and creates new opportunities to automate, monitor and optimize the drilling process.
Grinding band brakes, water eddy brake, chain boxes, drive shafts and manual gearboxes are no longer required. In addition the level of occupational and operational safety is increased.
- The result is a modern rig with enhanced properties along with an improvement in safety, noise emission and energy consumption, while protection devices detect operating errors and critical states.
- Less maintenance needs
- Expensive replacement parts for the mechanical drive are no longer necessary
- Faster processes through optimization and semi-automation of functions and activities
- Options for remote monitoring and remote maintenance via availability of a data pool in the control computer